I've got the big blister blues...

Tonight was the first time I was actually able to make it to the TNT track workout since being back from vacation and there being no thunderstorm to cancel it.  It was originally scheduled for tomorrow, but they changed it last minute to tonight... which I found out via e-mail on my iPhone as I was chowing down on some mexican food after camp this afternoon.  Foreshadowing, perhaps?  

We were to do a ladder workout of 400m, 800m, 1200m, 1200m, 800m, 400m with 200m rest between the smaller distances and 400m rest between the 1200m distances.  The third lap of my first 1200 I started to feel all that food rumbling in my tummy... not to mention I decided to run in my Vibram 5 finger shoes which by that time had given me a wicked blister on the bottom of each of my big toes.  I finished the first half of the speed workout and with those two ailments had to call it a day.  I felt good otherwise in terms of my lung capacity and my legs, but I didn't want to injure myself or get sick so I went home early.

I think I'll try this workout again on Thursday night (tomorrow night is supposed to thunderstorm like crazy!).  Overall I feel pretty good and am happy with the shape I am in.  I am still learning what my stomach can and can't handle and I guess two and a half hours after eating a big meal still isn't enough time for me to have properly digested everything... and until my feet are used to them I am not breaking the Vibrams out for anything more than a 2 miler!

Comments

Popular Posts