Team In Training?!?


Okay so it's been forever since I've done anything with this blog... but here I have a perfect opportunity to start it back up again... because, you see, I've joined up with Team In Training to raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! In just a few short weeks, I will start my five month journey on the road to completing my first 26.2 experience... ever.

"But Andrea... you've been running for over a year now in a bajillion (actual number) races... why should we care about this one?" Well the longest I've been able to eek out (and boy do I mean eek!) is 13.1 miles... and let me tell you at the end of those 13.1 miles not only is my tank totally empty (so to speak of course... I'm not riding a scooter or anything) but my feet have blisters the size of actual TOES. Gross. I know! So, in short... this is a pretty big deal for me. It's physically and mentally daunting... already... at six months out. In other words, this is not something I plan on doing a lot. Maybe never even again. But if I can do a little good while I'm training, and if I know there are people counting on me and cheering for me whether in person or in spirit, I KNOW that will make the task a whole lot easier.

Here's where the "deets" come in...

This is my personal fundraising website:


If you want to learn more about why I've decided to team up with Team in Training, then please visit the above website.

As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't think of any better combination to help get me through the obstacles of this training than to try my best to fundraise for a cause that I feel is just and for a person that is still so very dear to my heart.

So if you've already donated, are thinking about donating or are just curious and are interested in reading about me being in pain and simultaneous awe over the next six months, then please make sure you stop back here often or updates.

Ciao for now! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts