Urban Camping!

Josh and I received two LL Bean gift certificates over the holiday season from my awesome Grandma Tehan!  We went to the local LL Bean store a few weeks back and were able to use them to pick out a 4 person tent, a base layer to protect the bottom of the tent and we still have about $35 left over!

Just for fun we decided to put it together in the living room last night.  It is nice because it's big enough for the two of us plus our two dogs AND all of our camping gear.  The doggies were enjoying hanging out inside, so I proposed the idea of "camping" in our own living room for the night!  Of course he thought I was a bit off my rocker, so to speak, but at the same time he didn't need a whole lot of convincing!  So we took out our sleeping mats, his sleeping bag, and for me I used blankets (my next purchase at some point is a sleeping bag).

We settled in and zipped everything up so the doggies wouldn't wander out and cause any midnight chaos.  They were a little confused at first, but they each had a bone and a dog bed so after a few minutes of sniffing they, too, settled in for bed.

We all slept really well, even the dogs, even though they did bother me for a late night drink of water which I was able to take care of very quickly.

Inspired by our night of urban camping, I went online to reserve a camping spot on Assateague Island's National Seashore, which allows dogs and has campsites right on the beach!  So, pretty soon we'll get to use our new tent in the great outdoors.  I can't wait!

Josh and the tent in our living room

The inside setup of our tent



Comments

  1. Hilarious! We used to camp on the shore. Very pretty and a lot of fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts