Color me vegan

Josh and I are heading to an event tonight at our favorite vegetarian/vegan restaurant, "Sunflower". We will get to meet and have dinner with Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, author of cookbook "The Vegan Table" and new cookbook "Color Me Vegan".

We sat at big group tables and got to know our neighbors which was really fun.  A very diverse group of people showed up to the event.  We talked about our favorite things to cook, shoes, bags... and more about what kinds of cool vegan stuff we like to cook.  It WAS a cooking event, after all :)

I ate my favorite, a giant bowl of thai curry soup.  There is something about a hot bowl of soup that makes you sweat with spice and your nose run that is so appealing to me.  Weird, I know.

We had the opportunity to chat with the author of the cookbook a little bit, Colleen.  She's really cool and knows a lot about being a vegan (obviously).  She has a very popular podcast online that everyone (except us) listen to on a regular basis... it sounds amazing, but I've been too lazy to log into iTunes for about a year now.  I'll get around to it.  Anyway, she's moving more into filming webcasts, too, for those of us internet addicts who like to be visually stimulated.

I bought her most recent book, "Color Me Vegan" and she signed it for me.  It's a great cookbook for anyone who wants to really expand the types of plant foods they eat.  Every recipe is sorted by color, and there is detailed nutritional information and "did you know?" tidbits sprinkled throughout, so it's also a learning experience when you flip through it!  I also want to buy her other two books, "The Vegan Table" and "The Joy of Vegan Baking".  I'd really like to learn more about substituting for eggs for sure.  Milk is a little easier with so many good options out there.

The book is great.  I am looking forward to finally putting it to use over the long weekend.  I'll take a pic of whatever we make and I'll put it online soon.

Happy cooking! :)

Comments

  1. Ms. Tehan, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the things you cooked!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts