The 2011 NYRR Manhattan Half Marathon

Temperatures on that 22nd of January morning were around NINE DEGREES with WIND.  This was hands down the WORST idea I think Josh and I have ever had.  We should have probably stayed huddled inside the nearby Starbucks, as now my foot is bothering me and Josh has frost bite on his earlobe!

What you cannot really see in these pictures is how many pieces of clothing I am actually wearing to try and regulate my body temperature!  I am wearing an ear band/warmer, a hat, a neck warmer, TWO pairs of gloves, FOUR layers on top and TWO pairs of paints... not to mention socks and the usual unmentionables.  To say it was could outside that morning would be the understatement of the century thus far!

Anyway, even though my face was so cold I was sure it was going to fall off and I felt as if I'd never be warm ever again... I did have the wonderful opportunity of running for a bit with a veteran who lost an arm in battle and after the race I happened to spot my favorite high school English teacher, Mr. T!  He started running all of the NYC half marathons last year, so I will see him again at the Brooklyn Half Marathon some time in May.

Included with this post are some pics of Josh and me mid-race.  You can definitely tell by my face (below) that it was a painful experience.  Weather aside, I ended running a pretty normal time for myself at 2:20:04.

Comments

Popular Posts