My neighborhood



Mount Pleasant

Having a dog in my life gives me the excuse I need to get out and explore the neighborhood I live in every day. Mount Pleasant is a historic neighborhood smack in the middle of the District, and is not even one square mile in size. It is located just three miles north of the White House in between 16th street and the National Zoo (which makes my weekend volunteer commute a breeze!).

Here's a snippet from mountpleasant.org: "Mount Pleasant's history reaches back into the early 1700s. Its beginnings are rooted in colonial times when, in 1727, James Holmead received a patent from Charles Carroll, Lord Baltimore, for a large parcel of land that included the area to the east of Rock Creek and south of Piney Branch."

Beenie and I really get a kick out of exploring our neighborhood, looking at the pretty row houses (me) and chasing squirrels (obviously Beenie). I hope to share more about my neighborhood through stories and photographs in posts to come.

Comments

Popular Posts