Las Vegas is for runners!

I haven't trained with the National Capitol area Team in Training group since we ran 16 miles on September 18th, but I've still kept up with my marathon training.

This weekend I found myself in Las Vegas, NV for a weekend to celebrate the upcoming nuptials (that's code for bachelor/bachelorette party) of my good friends Patrick and Ingrid.  I had the foresight to ask Jenny at TNT to hook me up with the Vegas team as I saw on the calendar that the weekend of my vacation also coincided with my 20 mile (and longest of the season) training run.

Unfortunately for me the Vegas team was only running 12 miles the same weekend that I was scheduled for 20... however, the amazing coaches and runners out there agreed to still support me in different legs of my run so that different runners would accompany me the entire 20 miles!

Pictured here are April and Tami, my entourage the first 12 miles.  Not pictured in this blog is Maryn (who also ran 12 with me before going to WORK!!!) and the coordinator extraordinaire of this entire ordeal (who ran the last 8 and most difficult miles for my body) Brooke, one of the coaches of the Las Vegas team.

The run was difficult for me, especially miles 15-18 where my muscles began to get incredibly sore and tired.  However, the company was fantastic and I'm so glad I was able to connect with these amazing women and see another part of Vegas beyond the strip.  I never would have pulled off this run without them.  They provided me with moral, mental and physical support and even left a cooler on the side of the road for me to make sure I stayed hydrated.  Thank you Vegas ladies.  I look forward to returning the favor if ever you are out this way.

Comments

Popular Posts