So long, DC...

Well it's been real, Washington, DC. I called you my home for a little more than 5 1/2 years. Time flies when you're having fun! A lot has happened in that time... I got my first real job and got to travel all over the western US. I used my Peace Corps experience to get a great deal on graduate school and received my M.A. in Transition Special Education and then got my second real job as a teacher. I went on what felt like a hundred failed dates. I lived with two amazing people who I hope I'll at least stay in touch with forever. I volunteered countless hours at the National Zoo and loved every moment. I played adult kickball and softball and drank way too much beer on Tuesday nights for about 6 months... and also had a blast doing it. I got to live with and near my best friends from college. I met a man and he inspired me to become  better person. I discovered that I actually liked running and made friends with some amazing women as we logged many miles together. Those same people pushed me into trying new things and I took swim lessons and found I loved that, too. I adopted a second dog who needed a home and who needed some serious love. My best friend moved away. I fell in love with aforementioned man and we decided to move our family of two dogs and two humans away from all that we know and love to pursue bigger and better things. I turned 30. I got a tattoo. With my home properly commemorated it was time to move on... to the Pioneer Valley. Movin' on up... north, that is. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts